The Greater Governor Mifflin League (GGML) was founded in 1976 as non-profit organization devoted to giving back to the community. In every year since, the GGML has presented a unique community fair featuring food, games, rides, and some of the best regional entertainment, including a spectacular “One-of-a-Kind” Fireworks finale which will culminate this year on Saturday, July 8. Its main goal has been to return proceeds from the fair back into the community in the form of contributions to local fire companies, ambulance associations, scout troops, school projects, community projects, and scholarships, just to name a few. Over the past 42 years, the GGML has given almost $500,000 back to its community.
This year, Community Days will be held from Monday, July 2, to Saturday, July 7. The Greater Governor Mifflin League prides itself on presenting the best Free Entertainment in Berks with national acts and well-known regional bands as well as its Spectacular Fireworks Display to conclude the festival each year on Saturday night. This year’s entertainment and special events include:
• Monday, July 2 – Rick K. & The Allnighters ft. “The Mad Drummer” with 50 million YouTube views, Singer/Songwriter Cody Tyler, Ride Prices with 1 less ticket per ride with Majestic Midways, and the 9th Annual Photo Contest.
• Tuesday, July 3 – Country Night with Georgette Jones (Daughter of Country Legends George Jones and Tammy Wynette) with the Cramer Brothers Band, The Rehrig Brothers, and Special $25 Bracelet Ride Price with Majestic Midways.
• Wednesday, July 4 – Independence Day with Erich Cawalla’s Uptown Band, Special Flag Ceremony by the Patriotic Order Sons of America, Zumba with Full Throttle Fitness Factory, and Character Night featuring Slapshot of the Reading Royals and others.
• Thursday, July 5 – 21-Year-Old Award-Winning Elvis Tribute Artist Jeff Krick Jr. with the Spinouts Band, the Thunderbolt Production Unit, Special $25 Bracelet Ride Price with Majestic Midways, the Flying Dutchmen Aeromodelers, and the Berks County Harley Owners Group.
• Friday, July 6 – DooWop Legends Larry Chance & The Earls performing their hits “Remember Then”, “I Believe”, & “Life is But a Dream”, The Belle Tones, Miller Keystone Blood Center “Bloodmobile”, 6th Annual Community Days Car Cruise, and the American Gold Wing Association.
• Saturday, July 7 – Spectacular Fireworks Display, Blues Night with the Dave Mell Blues Band and Rockman Blues Band, and Singer-Songwriter Natalia.
Our Grand Main Stage Sponsor - M&T Bank
Our Main Sponsors – Perrotto Builders LTD, Seidel Hyundai, Geoff Penske Buick-GMC, Alvernia University, Antonio Antietti-Haute Couture-Creative Director-VL Designs-Paris-Italy, West Lawn Quoiting Association, Tower Health/Reading Hospital, and the Law Office of Barbara Kern-Dietrich, Esq.