An automatic fire alarm was activated at Wolfe Dye & Bleach Works Inc. in Shoemakersville on August 12 at 10:37 p.m. the Shoemakersville and neighboring fire departments were dispatched to the location. Upon the fire departments’ arrival, the fire was venting through the roof on the west end of the structure. There were no employees working in this building at the time of the fire and there were no injuries reported.
The origin of the fire was in the northwest area of the structure and is accidental in nature. The most probably cause is an electrical malfunction/breakdown igniting combustibles and/or flammables in the area of origin.
Total estimated amount of damaged property is $3,000,000.