The Berks-Mont News (

Fire destorys garage in Upper Frederick

By Caroline Sweeney ,

Friday, November 22, 2013

UPPER FREDERICK A garage was destroyed after it caught fire Tuesday morning, according to the authorities.
Fire Marshal Dennis Bolognese said the fire started accidently after a resident was trying to melt tar at the house in the 2900 block of Hauck Road.
The garage was not salvageable and the siding on the house was melted, according to Bolognese.
There were no injuries reported to firefighters or resident, Bolognese said.
Crews were on the scene until approximately 1:30 p.m., Bolognese said.