Thirteen Berks County residents were arrested in a countywide child pornography sweep, Berks County District Attorney announced today. During the past year and a half, detectives from our District Attorney’s Child Abuse Unit and Lower Heidelberg Township Police Department conducted a countywide child pornography investigation in conjunction with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. Through the investigation, detectives determined that thirteen (13) individuals possessed and/or disseminated child pornography via the internet. Detectives served search warrants on thirteen homes throughout Berks County. As a result of the search warrants, computers, cell phones and other electronic equipment containing pornographic images were seized. These devices were examined by computer forensic detectives, where thousands of child pornographic images were identified.
Today, the following thirteen males will be arrested on the felony violation of the PA Crimes Code Section 6312(c)(1)Sexual Abuse of Children, Dissemination of Photographs, Videotapes, Computer Depictions and Films; Section 6312(d)(1): Sexual Abuse of Children, Possession of Child Pornography:
1. Phillip Knabb, age 27, 200 block of Pine Forge Road, Douglassville
2. William Floriani, age 22, 1300 block of Locust Street, Reading
3. Justin Jones, age 31, 1500 block of Ridge Avenue, Shillington
4. Dale Wiliams, age 47, 000 block of Hendel Street, Shillington
5. Skerling Herrera-Mercedes, age 28, 100 block of W. Douglass Street, Reading
6. Alan Miller, age 53, 600 block of East 4th Street, Boyertown
7. Larry Garner, age 65, 000 block of South Water Street, Womelsdorf
8. Timothy Repsik, age 18, 000 block of Elaine Drive, Boyertown
9. Steven Schwartz, age 47, 000 block of Winding Brook Drive, Sinking Spring
10. Michael Kendig, age 63, 1800 block of South Mountain Drive, Sinking Spring
11. Christopher Sackal, age 41, 100 block of Bordic Road, Exeter Township
12. Craig Alabovitz, age 37, 1000 block of Sheerlund Road, Shillington
13. Juvenile male, age 17, Berks County
This investigation was a cooperative effort with involvement from the Delaware County Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, Lower Heidelberg Township Police Department and detectives from our Child Abuse Unit.
DISTRICT JUDGE: Defendants are awaiting arraignment at central processing.
**A Criminal Complaint is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
From Berks County District Attorney