POTTSTOWN >> Pottstown is getting in the holiday spirit this weekend as the borough gears up for the Hometown Holiday Celebration.
Beginning on Friday, Dec. 8, Pottstown will be celebrating the holiday season with a variety of seasonal activities for families to enjoy throughout the weekend. The schedule of events for the weekend is as follows:
Friday, Dec. 8, 2017
• Open house at ARTFusion19464 and MOSAIC Land Trust, 341 Beech St., from 6-9 p.m. Lite fare will be available and it will be opening night for the Pottstown Area Artist’s Guild
• Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 150 N Hanover St., will hold The Ball Brother’s Concert at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at eventbrite.com.
• A Christmas Carol Musical will be performed at Steel River Play House, 245 E High St., at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at steelriverplayhouse.org.
• Colebrookdale Railroad is offering seasonal rides throughout December, including the weekend of Hometown Holidays. See website for dates and information www.colebrookdalerailroad.com.
Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017
• The Elks Club, 61 E. High St., will be hosting the Chatter Band fundraiser from 7–11 p.m. Tickets available now for $25 at downtownpottstown.org or by calling 610-323-5400. Tickets include Grumpy’s handcarved sandwiches, sides, draft beer, soda and water. A cash bar and raffles will also be available.
• Pet Photo with Santa will be going on at New York Plaza, 238 E High St., from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. The cost is $15 per photo. A dollar from each purchase goes back to PDIDA while the remainder will help with rescue efforts of animals.
• The first-ever Pottstown mural in celebration of Latino culture will be unveiled Saturday at 10 a.m. at 685 Beech St. As part of Pottstown’s Hometown Holidays, the family oriented program features children playing Christmas carols on recorders. Free hot cider and cocoa will be served.
• Van Gogh’s Studio, 341 Beech St., and ARTFusion19464 will hold an event for children to shop small, handmade gifts for that special someone. Parents must remain in the building while children shop.
• Rite-Aid, 340 E. High St., will be holding an event from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to send holiday cheer to first responders through cards and notes. They will also be holding a collection for Operation Backpack. Forms for your child’s letter from Santa will also be available.
• Red Cloud Kung Fu, 307 E. High St., will be holding a Tree Decorating Party beginning at 12 p.m.
• Steel River Carolers will be along the 100 Block of High Street Saturday for shoppers to enjoy Christmas carols before the Christmas Carol shows at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• Connections on High, 238 E. High St., will be playing short holiday movies for families to enjoy. Movies include “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas,” “Frosty’s Winter Wonderland,” “Twas The Night Before Christmas” and “The Year Without A Santa Claus.” Parents must stay with their children during movie time.
• Beverly’s Pastry Shop, 322 E. High St., will host a cookie decorating event from 1–3 p.m.
• Roaming illusionists Kyle and Kelly will be throughout the downtown businesses from 1–3 p.m.
• Balloon Artist Wacky Patty will be at 238 E. High St., from 1–4 p.m. for guests to enjoy while they wait to get their picture taken with Santa.
• Guests can get their pictures taken with Santa at 238 E. High St. (New York Plaza) from 1-5 p.m. Cost is $10 for a 5x7 photo professionally done by local photographer Patti Klein.
• @107 “Where Events Happen” will have a viewing of the full-length feature film “A Christmas Story.” Hot chocolate and coffee will be available while watching the holiday classic.
Sunday Dec. 10, 2017
• @107 will be holding a holiday brunch from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. featuring local restaurants. Tickets are available for $15. Brunch tickets must be sold before end of day Friday, Dec. 8. Visit downtownpottstown.org for ticket sales or contact Sheila Dugan at 610-323-5400 to reserve tickets.
• New this year, guests can enjoy a historic building tour, share photos, and learn the history of several buildings that have been transformed, moving into the future of Pottstown. Historic building tour tickets are $15 each and combo tickets with brunch are $25. Tickets available at ARTFusion19464 (341 Beech St. or online at www.downtownpottstown.org. Those interested may also contact Sheila Dugan at 610-323-5400 or email@example.com. Tickets will be available the day of tour, but it is best to purchase ahead as this is a tour and tour guides must be in place to accommodate crowds. Transportation will be available during the tour. You may start at any of the following buildings and take the van throughout the tour. Guests may also stop in at Beech Street Factory to purchase unique gifts for the holidays.