Berks County Community Foundation recently approved $96,434 in grants to ten Boyertown area organizations through its Boyertown Area Charitable Program.
The program distributes grants from the Boyertown Area Community Fund, which supports charitable causes within the geographic area served by the Boyertown Area School District, and the Boyer Foundation Fund, which supports Boyertown area health, social, recreational and safety organizations.
Since 1997, the program has granted over $1,000,000 to more than 60 Boyertown area organizations, providing much-needed support for a variety of charitable causes.
The following grants were awarded:
- The Boyertown Area YMCA received $10,000 to offset the cost of creating a Sports and Wellness Trainer Center at its Gilbertsville location.
- Berks County Conservancy received $5,000 to offset the cost of marketing materials to educate the public about the local water supply.
- The Boyertown Community Library received $26,500 to fund a Capital Campaign Feasibility Study, for a potential facility in Boyertown.
- Building A Better Boyertown received $45,000 to support three key projects: Studio B, the Farmerís Market, and special events.
- The Boyertown Lions Community Ambulance received $5,094 to purchase required radios.
- Oley Fire Company Ambulance received $580 to pay for new trauma bags.
- The Keystone Marker Trust received $1,100 to repair and replace historical signs at the entrance to New Berlinville.
- The Reading Public Museum received $1,750 for field trips for Boyertown Area School District students for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The Boyertown Ice Hockey Club received $700 for operating costs.
-The Eastern Berks Fire Department received $710 for four pulse-oximeters and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) covers for its rapid intervention team.
Donations to the Boyertown Area Charitable Program support future grants. To learn more, contact the Community Foundation at 610.685.2223.
Berks County Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation that serves as a civic leader for our region by developing, managing and distributing funds to meet existing and emerging community needs. More information is available at www.bccf.org.
Submitted by Berks County Community Foundation.