The Boyertown Area School District recently announced that it will be using InfoSnap to take new student registration, district forms, and student data validation information from paper/pencil to the web. InfoSnap will provide significant fiscal savings through the elimination of mailed registration and “first day” packets and greatly reduce the time needed for staff to enter data. Parents will be able to enter and update all the necessary information electronically. That information will then be transferred to the student information system.
In the past it appeared as if parents completed more paperwork to have their children return to school than students received in homework assignments. There were also medical forms to sign, lunch payment arrangements to make, federal and state regulations to acknowledge, and thick, multi-stapled “first-day packets” for parents/guardians to read, sign, and send back with their child. For families with multiple children in the district, the paperwork grew exponentially.
Features of InfoSnap’s solution, specific to the technology needs of the Boyertown Area School District include:
• Customized student registration and back to school packets
• Document scanning and upload (birth certificates, proof of residency documents, etc.)
• Seamless integration with the student information system
• Mandatory and optional student fee collection and credit card processing
• Smart forms to accommodate grade and/or school specific questions
• Electronic signature capture from parents
In recognition that not everyone has access to the Internet at home, the local public library can be utilized to complete student registration. A limited number of computers will be available in the lobby area of the Education Center and all school buildings for this purpose. Specific details regarding the use of InfoSnap will be distributed to parents/guardians prior to the June registration period.