Lancaster County (PA) – Batter Up! and head for Cherry Crest Adventure Farm as it swings into its Fall Season with new activities, special events and a Fall Market in addition to 50+ Farm Fun activities and rides.
The baseball theme Amazing Maize Maze® has hit major league status with its massive interactive game, multiple levels of play, and fun diversions that rage from a speed pitch machine and baseball trivia to photo opps that put trekkers into baseball moments.
Starting Sept. 21st, trekkers can also tackle the maze at night when the moon and a flashlight guide the way.
Flashlight Mazes (14 total) are scheduled every Friday-Saturday night Sept. 21 through Nov. 3 from 6:30-10 p.m. Initially started as a non-scary alternative to Halloween, they're now so popular the schedule has been expanded to seven weekends. They're also great for goups as admission includes a bonfire and wagon ride, plus you can add a campfire package with food options.
The Fall Season schedule also includes:
• Harvest Festivals, Saturdays Sept. 22 through Oct. 27 from 10am until dusk, with a changing menu of kids' activities including pony rides, pumpkin painting and airbrush tattoos, kids' crafts, sand art, plus the famous Corn Cannon.
• Pick-Your-Own To Take Home, Friday/Saturday Sept. 21 - Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. until dusk. Wonder through six acres of pumpkins and popcorn (that you pop in a microwave, right on the ear). Plus there's Cherry Crest's Fall Market.
• Sukkos Holiday Oct. 4 from 10am- 5pm with a menu by Central PAKosher Mart.
• Columbus Day Monday, Oct. 8, from 10am-5pm. with all of the regular daytime activities.
• Pumpkin Madness Festival on closing day, Nov. 3., from 10am until dusk, with a zany roster of pumpkin related activities and food.
General admission includes over 50 Farm Fun activities, from the maze to the Farm Experience Center and new Discovery Barn with interactive displays, a Lil' Farmers Playland ideal for small children, plus great rides like the Wagon Express, Pedal Karts and Farm Tour Wagon Ride. On the adjoining hillside is the Singing Chicken Show, plus a Straw Bale Racer, Giant Hay Chute Slide, Obstacle Course, Big Ball Corral, Tunnel Maze, Hay Jump Tent, two Jumping Pillows and Giant Slinger.
When you get hungry the farm offers expanded lunch and dinner menus starring Angus burgers, chicken, fries, healthy salads and wraps, beverages and sweets, and Cherry Crest's fresh roasted sweet corn. And don't miss the Cider Donut Shop and School House Sweet Shop starring 40 made-on-the-premise fudge flavors that our own customers have rated 'Lancaster's Best'!
Location: 150 Cherry Hill Road, Ronks (PA) – about 12 miles east of Lancaster, 2 miles east of Strasburg, off of Rt. 741 on Cherry Hill Road, Paradise Township. Free parking is available adjacent to the maze.
Fall Hours Start Sept. 21: Thursdays 10am-5pm • Fridays-Saturdays 10am-10pm. Flashlight Mazes run 6:30-10pm. Chery Crest Adventure Farm is also open Columbus Day Monday 10am-5pm and closes for the season on Saturday, Nov. 3.
Admission: $15 Thursday-Friday, $18 Saturday all ages 3 and up. Children age 2 and under admitted free. Includes 50+ FarmFun activities in the Maze, Barnyard and Courtyard plus free parking and free photo souvenir. Flashlight Maze admission is $12 and includes a bonfire and wagon ride. Last admission to the maze is 90 minutes prior to closing.
For more information: Visit www.CherryCrestAdventureFarm.com or call (717) 687-6843 • toll free (866) 546-1799.