An accidental fire broke out on Dotterer Road, Pike Township, at 5:23 p.m. on Feb. 19.

Oley Township Fire Department and surrounding companies responded to a structure fire, noticing flames and smoke was coming from the building when they arrived at the scene.

When an investigation was conducted, it was concluded that the cause of the fire was a kerosene heater, making the fire accidental.

What ignited the fire was heat from the kerosene heater ignited kerosene being poured into the heater, which ignited nearby combustible materials, said state police.

The man who resides at the property, 80-year-old Ronald Price, remains in critical condition at the Lehigh Valley Medical Center burn unit.

Damage is estimated at $15,000.

comments powered by Disqus