Building A Better Boyertown is pleased to share its 2018 highlights.
We are very proud of what we’ve accomplished in the past year and are looking forward to an even more exciting 2019.
We are so thankful for the support of our community and we will continue to build a better Boyertown together, one block at a time.
The combined revitalization efforts have accomplished the following highlights over the last year:
1. Recognized as a Designated Keystone Community and ranked #3 Top Performing Main Street organizations in Pennsylvania at the Annual Townie Awards in West Chester.
2. Successfully double our budget this year thanks to the BB&T Economic Growth fund to implement the Town Vision while at the same time tripling our staff support.
3. Successfully filled an underutilized Anchor Building in downtown by partnering with the State on a $300,000 grant to loan rehabilitation project
4. With a cultivated relationship with DCED, we’ve brought in over 2 million in funding to Boyertown including: Façade Program of $170,000 rehabilitating over 67 properties and spurring $332,086 in private investment to the downtown; Boyertown Welcome Center Colebrookdale Railroad Preservation Trust $1,500,000; and $300,000 Anchor Building Grant, spurring a Main Street Tour by Secretary Davin.
5. Raised the awareness of the impact of truck traffic on walkability and quality of life in the Borough resulting in stalling the neighboring landfill expansion
6. Beautified Boyertown with planting and maintaining of 84 new planters and planted 8 new street trees, recertifying the Borough as a Tree City USA (11th year)
7. Completed a preliminary trail alignment and working on securing support in neighboring townships and municipalities.
8. Launched an ambitious tourism initiative with a new website www.historicboyertown.com, developed trails and tours featuring Boyertown and surrounding destinations to visitors securing tourism as Boyertown’s economic driver for the next 5 years.
Building A Better Boyertown is a non-profit Main Street Revitalization Organization that is dedicated to the revitalization of the designated Downtown Boyertown community.