Boyertown Area Fire & Rescue crews made quick work of an apartment fire Thursday in Colebrookdale Township.
The first crew responded about 9:20 p.m. to the fire at 133 Sawmill Road. Eastern Berks Regional police were already there when firefighters arrived, said G. Jeffrey Bealer, public information officer.
The fire was in a self-standing apartment separated from the main residence by a breezeway. Crews quickly put out most of the flames and worked to contain the fire.
No one was injured.
The fire is under investigation by the township fire marshal, but there are indications it started due to a malfunctioning kerosene heater in the apartment, Bealer said.
Flames extended to the breezeway, causing a scooter and bicycle to ignite as well as the exterior of the structure.
A damage estimate was unavailable.
Crews left the scene by 10:45 p.m. after mopping up.
The scene was turned over to the homeowners and a restoration contractor.
Earl Township Fire Company and Eastern Berks Fire Department assisted along with crews from Gilbertsville and New Hanover fire companies in Montgomery County.
Bealer said no one was displaced by the fire in large part because crews limited fire damage and ventilated the structures to prevent smoke damage.