The Daniel Boone Area School District will hold kindergarten registration for all incoming kindergarten students for the 2009-2010 school year on March 2 and 3 at Monocacy Elementary Center. Registration is for children who will be 5 years old before Sept. 1, 2009.Parents should bring the following items to register their child:
1. Child's birth certificate-required at registration
2. Child's social security card
3. Copy of official immunization record signed by your doctor with month, day and year of each shot
4. Completed registration forms and map
5. You child will need a physical examination and dental check-up. The physical examination form need to be completed at the five-year check-up.
6. Proof of residency (agreement of sale, lease, utility bill or driver's license) required at registration.
All registrations will be completed at Monocacy Elementary Center, regardless of which building your child will attend.
Important: If you did not receive a registration packet in the mail, call Birdsboro Elementary Center at 610-582-6190. This packet will include the forms needed to register your child.
No appointment necessary for the following times:
Â€¢ March 2 and 3, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m.
If you have any questions about your child's readiness for kindergarten, contact Emily Bryant, Guidance Counselor, Amity Primary and Monocacy Elementary centers, 610-689-6200 or 610-385-6800 or Sandi Lander, Guidance Counselor, Birdsboro Elementary Center, 610-582-6190.
If you have any other questions relating to kindergarten registration, contact the following staff members:
Â€¢ Mary Beth Kiesel, Assistant Principal or Kathy McNeely, Secretary, Amity Primary Center, 610-689-6200
Â€¢ Melanie Hefter, Principal or Cheryl Baro, Secretary, Birdsboro Elementary Center, 610-582-6190
Â€¢ Melanie Hefter, Principal or Karen Long, Head teacher or Beth Marvel, Secretary, Monocacy Elementary Center, 610-385-6800
In the event of a weather emergency on either date, registration will be rescheduled for March 9 and/or March 10.