POTTSTOWN — Douglas Adams once said “to give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.”
John A. (Jack) Koury, O’Donnell, Weiss, and Mattei Principal, has served both Pottstown Area Industrial Development (PAID) Inc. and the Pottstown community for decades.
He has stepped down and was recently recognized for his service with a resolution from Pottstown Borough Council.
Koury has volunteered his time and provided exemplary counsel in an effort to further PAID’s mission of developing, coordinating and implementing an overall economic development strategy for the Borough of Pottstown, according to a release issued by the Tri-County Area Chamber of Commerce.
PAID has gone through a series of transitions of its corporate structure and areas of focus since its inception in 1965.
Through multiple transitions, Koury served in multiple roles as president, board member and solicitor of PAID’s board.
Perhaps most notably, he was responsible for writing the covenants for and was instrumental in the development and sale of the Pottstown Airport Business Campus now known as the Circle of Progress.
In addition, Koury was a key voice in the execution of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that laid the groundwork for PAID’s current organizational structure.
The PAID Board of Directors and the executive director stated they owe him "a debt of gratitude for serving selflessly with sincerity and integrity."
PAID, Inc. 2020 Board of Directors and Executive Committee:
• Justin Keller, President — Borough Manager, Pottstown Borough
• Stephen Rodriguez, Vice President — Superintendent, Pottstown School District
• Jerry Nugent, Immediate Past President — Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
• Eileen Dautrich, Treasurer — President, TriCounty Area Chamber of Commerce
• Peggy Lee-Clark — Executive Director and Secretary, PAID, Inc.
• John A. Bown, III — Partner, Industrial Investments, Inc.
• Therol Dix, J.D. — VP of West Campus, Montgomery County Community College
• Dan Glennon — Attorney, The Glennon Firm
• David N. Heffner - Executive Vice President, CODY Systems
• John Jones — Owner, Budget Maintenance Concrete
• David Kraybill — President, Pottstown Area Health & Wellness Foundation
• Lisa Lightcap — Vice President Commercial Banking Relationship Manager, Tompkins VIST Bank
• Richard Newell — CEO, Pottstown Hospital Tower Health
• Louis A. Rieger — CEO, The High Street Music Company
• Rick Wood — Chief Financial & Operating Officer, The Hill School
Pottstown Area Industrial Development, Inc. (PAID) is a 501c(3) non-profit corporation originally formed in 1965 to promote commercial and industrial development in Pottstown.
PAID provides services to businesses and organizations seeking to invest, expand or relocate including assistance with site selection, commercial and industrial real estate development and redevelopment, financing, and workforce development.
PAID continues to carry out the "I Pick Pottstown" campaign to create awareness of Pottstown’s assets and attract new businesses to the borough.
This article first appeared as a post in The Digital Notebook blog.