NORRISTOWN >> A 51-year-old Limerick man faces at least a decade in prison after he admitted he sexually assaulted two teenage Pottstown girls.

David Andrew Boyd, of the 200 block of Neiffer Road, was sentenced in Montgomery County Court to 10 to 24 years in a state correctional facility after he pleaded guilty to felony charges of statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault and corruption of minors in connection with his contact with two girls, ages 15 and 17, between August and September 2016.

Judge Gail A. Weilheimer also ordered Boyd to complete 10 years’ probation following parole.

Boyd, who court documents indicated owned an area painting business, also faces a lifetime requirement to report his address to state police once he’s released from prison. Boyd was 50 years old at the time of the incidents.

With the charges, detectives alleged Boyd had various sexual contact with both girls on multiple occasions. Court documents indicate Boyd knew the girls’ families.

An investigation of Boyd began in September 2016 when someone who knew the girls notified police about the sexual assaults. Detectives uncovered cellphone communications that Boyd had with both girls, sexually charged text messages that revealed the sexual contact, according to the criminal complaint filed by Pottstown Detective Brooke Fisher.

“Are you going to be good to me tonight?” Boyd wrote to the 17-year-old girl, also advising her to delete their conversations “just in case.”

The 17-year-old girl told detectives Boyd had inappropriate sexual or indecent contact with her on three separate occasions during the summer of 2016, according to court documents.

In a text message to the 15-year-old girl Boyd sent a photograph that showed 52 sexual positions and indicated his favorite sexual positions, according to court documents.

The investigation determined Boyd picked up the 15-year-old girl in Pottstown and took her to a Berks County hotel on several occasions and had sexual contact with the girl there. The girl told detectives she was “scared and hesitant with everything” but “Boyd would say it was okay and continue,” according to the arrest affidavit.

The case was prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Alexandria MacMaster. Boyd was represented by defense lawyer John Kravitz.

comments powered by Disqus