WEBSTOCK firehose fire hose

Fire and smoke damaged a Colebrookdale Township home early Monday.

Crews were called to 75 Popodickon Drive shortly after midnight for a chimney fire.

“It looks like there was a break down in the chimney,” said Jeff Bealer, public information officer for the Boyertown Area Fire and Rescue.

Bealer said putting the fire out completely took about three hours. To reach the flames, crews broke through an old fireplace that had been bricked up.

Most of the damage to the house was smoke-related, he said.

No one was injured.

An estimate of the damage was not available immediately.

The Boyertown fire company was assisted on the scene by crews from the Gilbertsville and Eastern Berks fire companies.

The house is owned by Donald L. and Anastasia Faust, according to county online records.

comments powered by Disqus