A fire last month that ravaged the Spring Township home of local entertainer Dave Kline and his wife, Kathy, was an accident.

Spring Township Fire Marshal Troy R. Hatt said Monday the fire has been ruled an accidental electrical fire.

The Klines' home in the 1800 block of South Mountain Drive was damaged by fire about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 14. Two of the couple's pets, Logan, a 6-month-old Great Pyrenees mix puppy, and Leo, a 2-year-old rescue cat, perished in the fire.

Hatt said the damage caused by the fire is estimated at $175,000.

Dave Kline is a former executive with the defunct Reading Eagle Company.

comments powered by Disqus