On Saturday, Feb. 2, despite valiant attempts by the weather to thwart the opportunity, Daniel Boone Area High School students traveled to Stroudsburg to participate in the Regional Technology Student Association competition.
Twenty-seven students competed in a variety of events demonstrating skills in everything from Board Game Design and Fashion to Dragster and Debate.
Students competed in 29 total events, qualifying in 18 of them. Received were four 1st place ribbons, seven 2nd places, six 3rd places, five 4th places, and five 5th place awards. Placements are as follows so the congratulations may commence.
• Morgan Carothers: Fashion Design 1st place, BioTech Design 3rd place, Board Game Design and Debating Technical Issues both 5th place
• John Demers: PA Safety Illustration 5th place
• David Kim: Flight Endurance 1st place, Structural Design and Engineering 2nd place
• Alexandra Lavenia: Promotional Design and Architectural Design 3rd place
• Breana McNamara: Forensic Science 1st place, Future Tech Teacher, Prepared Presentation, Extemporaneous Speech and Debating Tech Issues each receiving 2nd place
• Brianna Nguyen: Forensic Science 1st place
• Victoria Pastor: Fashion Design 1st place, Forensic Science 2nd place, BioTech Design 3rd place, Prepared Presentation 4th place, Board Game Design and Debating Tech Issues both as 5th place
• Ally Santos: Fashion Design 1st place, Forensic Science 2nd place, BioTech Design 3rd place, PA Safety Illustration 4th place and Essays on Technology 5th.
• Amy Schafer: Technology Problem Solving 3rd place
• James Shanley; Structural Design and Engineering 2nd place
• Zoe Sweet: Extemporaneous Speech 1st place, Future Tech Teacher 3rd place, Essays on Technology 4th place
• Jamie Szarawara: Architectural Design 4th place
• Kayla Vitabile: Technology Problem Solving 3rd place, Computer-Aided Engineering and Architectural Design both in 4th place, Transportation Modeling 5th place
• Alex Worrall: Debating Tech Issues and Chapter Team Written each as 2nd place, Prepared Presentation 3rd place
Also in attendance were Salvatore Chieffo, Andrei Dawinan, Nicholas Fiorani, Danielle Ha, Logan Herndon, Alivia Humphries, Brianna Le, Lauren Michael, Andre Nguyen, Kyle Nguyen, Mia Pizzo, Katie Shank, Ben Spotts, and Sarah Wedemeyer.
Tremendous thanks to all of our teachers for instructing them throughout the years, to our administrators for supporting their efforts and to our school board for allowing these programs to exist for our students. Those qualifying students will attend the state level competition in Seven Springs Pennsylvania in April. Congratulations again to all for their endeavors.