1. Purchase the correct fuel. If your vehicle does not require premium or mid-grade fuel, purchase less expensive regular unleaded gasoline.2. Keep engine properly tuned. Ignition timing, spark plugs and wiring, and idle speed setting.
3. Check and replace air filters regularly.
4. Keep tires properly inflated. Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage.
5. Use recommended grade of motor oil.
6. Drive sensibly. Aggressive driving wastes gas. Avoid quick starts and sudden stops. This wastes fuel, is harder on vehicle components and increases the odds of a traffic crash.